Friday, August 13, 2010

window.write("Hello World!");

Hello World! This is my first foray into blogging so please bear with me. My name is Gerri and I go by the name TeaBot on various sites (e.g.: etsy.com). I love anything that is made or remade by real people, since handmade things have a life to them that mass-produced things can never have.

As you may or may not have guessed from the subject of this post, I was trained as a computer programmer. (the "hello world" thing can be found in many programming text books). After working for six years in a little gray cubicle (gray floors, white walls, no windows) sitting in front of a computer writing programs for 40 hours a week, I started to crave anything real, vibrant and imperfect. I was fortunate enough to be able to quit my job just over two years ago and now I'm trying to re-define my life outside of the corporate box.

I'm hoping that sending my thoughts out into the wwworld, I can gain some insight and maybe make some like-minded friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment